Where He Leads Me, I Will Follow

November 30, 2012


Matthew 16:24 – Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, You must turn from Your selfish ways, take up Your cross, and follow Me. -NLT

I thought this was a very appropriate way to begin my blogging journey. For several years I have been having a battle on whether or not I should begin blogging. After all, everyone who knows me knows that I am very open with my feelings (for the most part) and I am far from shy in expressing my opinion on any matter. As you may have read in my synopsis about me, I believe I was blessed with the gift of writing and I see it fit that I use this gift to bring glory to my Creator and in doing so, share with the world the work He is doing in my life. I am not sure if everyone can relate, but when God expects something of you, He does not give up until His purpose is fulfilled in your life. Imagine a crying baby who wants to be picked up by his or her mother. That baby will continue to cry until the mother gives in and picks him or her up. Similarly, our God is in a sense like that baby, not in a crying or fussing way, but in the sense of being very determined to have His way. Consequently, God has been tugging at me to begin blogging. However, it was not until I stumbled upon a current blogger’s work that I was really inspired to begin my own. After much prayer, encouragement, and inspiration, I have finally followed the leading of the Holy Spirit. Here I am on my blogging journey ready to give glory to God through my writing. I really pray that you all are blessed as I share this journey with you. Thank you for reading & Stay tuned! 

God bless!


A special thank you to the Holy Spirit for leading and not giving up on me, ALL of you who have encouraged me, and Mrs. Typhanie Stewart for the inspiration. [Please check out her blog at www.mygarmentsofpraise.com]

~Nissey

Please listen! This song inspired the title of my post...

9 comments:

Sandy said...

God is truly amazing. I give God thanks for you and the talents He has given you. Continue to use them to glorify His name. To God be the glory great things He has done!

Typhanie said...

Awesome first post! Congratulations on starting your blog. Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you in regards to you using this medium to bring Glory to His Name!

All the best :)

Dwayne Stewart said...

Outstanding! We wish you much success on this journey. Thanks for allowing us to be a part!

DAS

Rashel said...

Well put together! :) Looking forward to the next post :D

Chantal said...

Welcome!

Unknown said...

Hey cousin...im very proud of you. I enjoy reading anything you write..its either truth or inspiring or funny..no matter what its always real and purposeful. I love you and cant wait to read your next entry....
Suzie

Nissey Mack said...

Thank you ladies & gent!!! To God be the GLORY :-)

~Nissey

Unknown said...

Good stuff Nissey! :) Continue to let Him use you and stay encouraged!

- Vernique

Nissey Mack said...

Thanks Vernz :-) && I will!!