A Prayer & Tribute to the Newtown Angels

December 17, 2012



***This post is dedicated to the lives that were claimed in the Connecticut Massacre***

It saddens me to write this. My heart is broken in so many different ways. Death is never easy to cope with and it’s even more difficult when lives are lost as a result of a senseless murder. This is my first time speaking (writing) publicly about this tragedy, as for the past couple of days (like many people around the world, I’m sure), I have been overwhelmed with the emotions triggered by this horrendous incident. Nevertheless, today, I saw it fit to offer this tribute/prayer to ALL the lives lost in this horrific massacre.

Dear Heavenly Father,
I come before You so broken, hurt, yet grateful for another day on this Your earth. Lord I know this incident surpasses all human comprehension. But Lord, I know that You are God who knows all things as You are omniscient. Therefore, You know the purpose behind all of this.

Lord I know the heart You have for children as it is said in Your word, in Matthew 19:14 “Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven” [KJV]. Lord, children are a gift from God and so I know they belong to You. I have no doubt that these innocent little children will make it into the Kingdom of Heaven.

I thank You for the members of staff who were murdered while protecting the innocent lives around them. I pray that their hearts were right with You and at some time, they had accepted You as their personal Lord and Savior.

Lord I pray for the families of these your people who were murdered. I pray that You would bring them comfort as they reflect on the memories they have of their loved ones; give them Your peace that passes all understanding; Your joy which is their strength; Your love that is unconditional; and most importantly, please give them the desire to give their lives completely to you.

It is not easy to forgive…but Lord, just like You have forgiven us of our MANY sins, I ask that You help Your people to forgive the young man of the sin he has committed in Newtown, Connecticut. Set us all free from strife, hate, malice, envy, and everything that is not of you.

Lord I lift up these United States of America and all the other countries on earth before You. I pray that You will continue to lead, guide, and protect us from the evil before us. Lord please continue to be with us throughout our times of sadness, hurt, and misfortune. I know that You have heard this prayer and You have already granted all that I have asked…and so I give You thanks and praise for all You have done, all You are doing, and all You will continue to do….

 I love You Lord and I thank You for being such an awesome God!


***God bless the lives that were taken and may all their souls rest in Your perfect peace! ***

~Nissey

~ The video used in this post does not belong to me. I therefore, have no affiliation with the creation and publication of this video. This video is properly credited to its owner and was taken from youtube.com ~

2 comments:

Typhanie said...

Awesome prayer... Your words are very encouraging.

By the way, I tagged you for a Liebster Award. Check details on my blog :)

Nissey Mack said...

Thank you Typhanie :-)

&& aww cool! I will #thanks!!