Slow to Anger!

January 6, 2013



“Whoever is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly.”-Proverbs 14:29 [ESV]

   I don’t believe there are words to describe my day… Today I was VERY angry! I know you’re probably thinking that today is Sunday-the Lord’s day and no one should be angry on this day…. Well here is a synopsis of my day: I woke up LATE…very late, almost an hour to the time I was to be at church. Most women know that it takes quite some time for us to get ready. Therefore, having less time to do so is not in the very least helpful. It was like everything was a mess. I couldn’t find my shoe, I couldn’t get my hair to look the way I wanted it to; it was utter chaos!

    I quickly remembered that I play a very important role in church as I sing on the worship team. My teammates and I were in charge of ushering the Holy Spirit into the service and ministering in song to the congregation. So before I left the house, I declared that I would no longer be angry or in a rush because God was going to get the glory He deserved TODAY! The devil must have been really offended by my declaration and my utterance and so he decided to show his nasty self-up! The worship at church was all over the place, my patience was running thin, and I was unable to worship peacefully. All of a sudden, the spirit of anger came over me and I was tense and it was very obvious to the congregation.

    See the devil knows that God has purpose for your life. One of God’s purpose for me is to worship…God knows that I love to sing and He has called me to do so in His church. The devil also knows this, and so he tried to attack me while I was doing the will of God. Brothers & sisters, let me tell you something, the enemy will set up all sorts of distractions and obstacles before you and cause you to be blinded towards God’s purpose for you. It is said in God’s word “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.”-1 Peter 5:8 [KJB]
The devil hates when we are obedient to God, he hates when we walk in God’s will, and he hates when God’s purpose for our lives is fulfilled. 

   So I encourage you today, remember that NOTHING & NO ONE is perfect but Jesus Christ Himself, so things won’t always go the way you wish and people won’t always act the way you want. So when your train goes off track, don’t let anger be your first reaction. Don’t allow the spirit of anger to take control of your life or become a distraction from something GREAT the Lord is trying to begin or continue in your life.  && trust me, I know it is easier said than done! I struggle with this everyday but that doesn’t mean we can’t get through this…God grants us the desires of our hearts & if your desire today, is to become less angry and more at peace, then cry out to God and ask Him to deliver you.

Remember, pray about everything, worry about nothing, and BE SLOW TO ANGER!


God BLESS

~Nissey

19 comments:

LaNesha Tabb said...

amen!! :)
xoxo
www.wearethetabbs.blogspot.com

Nissey Mack said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

The fact that you were able to realize this and nip it in the bud is a beautiful thing. You are doing great things with your blog. I know that your blog is going places. Welcome to blogger!

Nissey Mack said...

Why, thank you!

God bless :-)

Unknown said...

Well written! I like how honest and open you were with your feelings. Being able to realize your fault and tell God to take charge is the way to go.

Thanks for sharing this! :)

Nissey Mack said...

Why, thanks love! & thanks for reading :)

Salt said...

If you want to face a direct onslaught from the devil, all you need to do is make a commitment to do something for God. Like you Nissey Mack, I have been confronted by all sorts right after I have promised God to exercise self control.......

But in 2013, God shared a secret Make your commitments to God in tongues. The devil does nor understand that so he cannot try to mess it up. Another secret is to Just Shut Up and stop talking about what you want to do. Just do it.

Happy New year Nissey Mack.

Nissey Mack said...

Interesting take Salt!

Thanks! & happy new year to u as well :)

Tonya said...

amen.

Nissey Mack said...

:-)

Martina said...

A few weeks ago everything use to make me angry but I decided to not allow the devil to win and take over my attitude or my day. It hasn't been easy and I may have a rant or 2 because I am human but I do try to rebuke the devil so he will flee so God can get the glory out of my day and my life. Great Post!

Nissey Mack said...

That's the way to go!

&& thanks doll :)

Anonymous said...

its crazy because the other day I read a scripture that just stuck to me about being angry. Ecclesiastes 7:9 says "dont be quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools

Nissey Mack said...

Really? Timely message! :) yes working on this daily!

001 said...

Great lesson!

Nissey Mack said...

Amen!

Thanks doll :)

Unknown said...

"...the enemy will set up all sorts of distractions and obstacles before you and cause you to be blinded towards God’s purpose for you...." great post, so much to learn from this. Thanks for sharing this. I got here from Funmi's blog, and I must say, great work. Keep on doing that which He has called you to do and you will soar. Cheers.

Nissey Mack said...

Aww thanks Uny!! & no prob!

God BLESS :)

IntheMidstofher said...

Hey Nissey. God revealed something to me a while ago. My anger does not fulfill the righteousness of God! LOL…. Now when I get angry, I try….TRY... to stop and see it as a tool the devil can use against both me and the person I am angry with. That definitely helps nip it in the bud…

Ps. Thanks for following!